Skip to main content

LAUSD UNIFIED ENROLLMENT 2020-21 Affiliated Charter Application

Click HERE to fill out an application at the LAUSD Unified Enrollment website. Scroll down to the "Affiliated Charter Schools" section and apply. Applications are available online October 1st - November 15th.

emerson accelerated pathway (eap) application

The EMERSON ACCELERATED PATHWAY (EAP) is an honors program of study designed for Gifted and High Achieving Students. Our honors program is founded on the values and ideals of our charter document and is aligned with the state standards for GATE programs. EAP is designed to meet the needs for GATE and High Achieving students in all content areas. Students in EAP will receive:

* One or two years of acceleration in math before high school.

* Socio-behavioral needs 

* Preparation for advanced coursework in high school 

* Depth of knowledge and Cognitive Complexity 

Students who have been state identified as Gifted or Highly Gifted will automatically be accepted into EAP. If your child is not identified state identified Gifted there are three alternative qualifiers for EAP: 

* "Exceeds" scores in both Math and ELA on the SBAC for the 2018-19 and/or 2019-20 school year. 

* A score in excess of 85% on a recognized nationally normed achievement test. 

* Teacher recommendation showing that the student meets all FOUR critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Student must also demonstrate the ability (or strong potential) to perform one to two years above grade level in academic subjects. (Page 2 and 3 of Application) 

Interested families must be chosen in the lottery or live within Emerson's residential boundaries. Applications for EAP will be hand submitted at the same time as required enrollment paperwork in the Spring semester to the Student Services Office. For more information about the EAP application, please contact the Student Services Office at (310) 234-3100.



We welcome you and your family to our community school! In order to begin the process, you must complete the following steps to comply with federal regulations. 



On April 23, 2019, the Los Angeles Unified Board of Education approved Phase II of the Unified Enrollment (UE) project to include Affiliated Charter Schools.  The UE project was Board approved on June 2017 to create a more convenient, equitable and accessible application process for families.  The updated District Required Language (DRL) modifies Element 8 of the current charter to align with the District’s UE process.  Non-resident attendance boundary families will now apply between October 1 and November 15, 2019 at GoTo.LAUSD.Net or submit a paper application found in the 2020-2021 Choices Brochure.  If there are more applicants than available space, the school will hold a public, random lottery during the month of February 2020.  Resident attendance boundary families will follow current enrollment procedures and do not need to apply through UE. A residential student is someone who lives in the Emerson Community Charter boundaries. (If you are unsure, click here to identify your home school.)


We will be verifying your home address to make sure you have completed the proper form. If you have any questions please contact


The Lottery will be in March 2020 


RESIDENTIAL FAMILIES ONLY - Complete this INTENT TO ENROLL form if you are a resident of Emerson's boundaries and intend to enroll your student in the Fall of 2020. 


When enrolling at Emerson you will need the following documents: 


♦  Birth Certificate of enrolling child(ren) 

♦  Utility Bill (electric, gas, water) or official government mail verifying your address.

♦  Driver’s License or ID card

♦  Completed Health Card

♦  Immunization Record

♦  A report card/transcript from your current school

♦  G.A.T.E., IEP and/or 504 Plan if applicable


**Please note that if you submit an Intent to Enroll Form and Emerson is not your home school your form will automatically be deleted.




 Please contact (310) 234-3100 and ask for Mrs. Dilmore, Coordinator

You can also email questions at

Media Release Form