2017-18 Charter Lottery Application Available
Emerson Community Charter School
We welcome you and your family to our community school! In order to begin the process you must complete the following steps to comply with federal regulations.
A residential student is someone who lives in the Emerson Community Charter boundaries. If you are unsure, go to
http://rsi.lausd.net/ResidentSchoolIdentifier to identify your home school. We will be verifying your home address to make sure you have completed the proper form. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intent to Enroll Form and Lottery Form due March 3rd, 2017.
Intent to Enroll Form (only for residential students)
**Please note that if you submit an Intent to Enroll Form and Emerson is not your home school you will automatically be placed on the waitlist.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact (310) 234-3100 and ask for Mrs. Ciafone, Coordinator
You can also email questions at email@example.com
Emerson Community Charter Middle School is an LAUSD affiliated charter school
2017-2018 Emerson Accelerated Pathway (EAP) Application
What’s new at Emerson! Please submit your application during the Spring Semester.
SAS is now The EMERSON ACCELERATED PATHWAY (EAP) for Gifted and High Achieving Students. Our new program is founded on the values and ideals of our charter document and is aligned with the state standards for GATE programs. EAP is designed to meet the needs for GATE and High Achieving students in the following areas:
* Accelerated math
* Socio-behavioral needs
* Identification of high achieving students as gifted
* Preparation for advanced coursework in high school
* Depth of knowledge and Cognitive Complex
Students who have been state identified as Gifted or Highly Gifted will automatically be accepted into EAP. If your child is not identified state identified Gifted there are three alternative qualifiers for EAP:
* "Exceeds" scores in both Math and ELA on the SBAC for the 2016-17school year.
* A score in excess of 85% on a recognized nationally normed achievement test.
* Teacher recommendation showing that the student meets all FOUR critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Student must also demonstrate the ability (or strong potential) to perform two years above grade level in academic subjects. (Page 2 and 3 of Application)
All students (Gifted or Non-Gifted) must submit an application to the school by clicking on the link below and printing out the application. All applications will need to be hand delivered to the Student Services Office by March 3rd, 2017. For more information about the application, please refer to the application or contact the Student Services Office.